The Weathers Family

The Weathers Family

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Big Day

Don't worry, I'm not going to go into extreme detail. I want to remember this day forever, and since my memories are fading- I better write it down now! 

I went to the doctor for my 38 week check-up on September 28th. By now, that office was my second home, I was there ALL the time. My pregnancy had been pretty typical, no major concerns. My blood pressure was great, even towards the end. There was just a minor concern with protein showing up in my urine, which it had for several weeks. 

At the end of our appointment, Dr. Thornbury looked at us and said "I want to deliver this baby."  I thought, well of course you do- and will in 2 weeks! He said he was a little concerned that preeclampsia could develop and wanted to go ahead and take him early. He asked us, "How about tomorrow or Thursday?" Jeff almost fell out of his chair and I became very nervous all of a sudden! Wow! I knew it was soon, but I was not prepared for this. Of course, my bags were already packed and the nursery was ready, but suddenly I felt anything BUT ready. Jeff said, "Well, let's go ahead and do it tomorrow." So there it was...the date was set- September 29th was going to be my baby's birthday. (This is also my mother and my nephew's birthday.)

We arrived at the hospital the next morning at 6:00, ready or not. We had hardly slept the night before- it was kinda like when you were a kid, the night before you go to Six Flags. I liked the idea of having a planned induction- it matches my personality perfectly! No rushing around, grabbing things at the last minute. I got hooked up to an IV and they began the Pitocin to get my contractions going. Fast forward 12 hours- Will was born at 6:05 p.m. It was a very long day!! If having a baby could be easy, I would say I had a great experience! No pain, and everything went perfectly. He weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce, and was 20 and 3/4 inches long. He was the most perfect thing we had ever seen!
The last pregnant picture! I had the nurse take this when we got to the hospital that morning.











1 comment:

  1. He is soo precious! I teared up reading all of your blogs! He is such a lucky little man to have such wonderful parents!!

    ReplyDelete